Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Better Home Challenge: February Project

February is here -- time for a new Home Challenge! Did you finish your project for January? If you made any progress at all (even if you didn't quite get it all done), give yourself a pat on the back. Progress is what it's all about! If you've blogged about your January project, remember to link up at the end of this post so we can all come and see what you've accomplished. :o)

As for February, the lucky number is.... number 10!

On my list, that's the basement rec room. Heaven help me. I was really hoping to get out of the basement this month, but that's the luck of the draw. And after making the guest room over, it would be nice for guests to get there without first walking through the technicolor junkyard. Wondering what that looks like? Beware. It's not pretty. Here come the "befores" ...

The view as you come down the stairs:

Turn to the right, and there's the guest room, straight ahead.

So far, not too overwhelming... until you turn back around to face this:

I know, it's getting scary... but go a little further and look to the left...

Walk on through, and here's what you find on the other end of the room.

I knew there was a pool table in there somewhere! Heading back now...

And we're at the stairs again.

Like I said, heaven help me!

There is so much work to be done in this area, but the obvious place to start is with de-cluttering! I don't expect to have the same dramatic end result here as in my last room, but I know I can make a dent in the mess and make this area into a functional game room for the kids. I'll say it again (and I'll be reminding myself all month), progress is what it's all about!

Link up here to show us your January progress!

6 comments:

Connie Dean said...

I'm seeing a GREAT Quilting room down here! WOOT!

Cindi said...

Looks like you have a challenge ahead! I just added a link to my blog. Didn't get as much done as I would have liked, but did make some progress, and I appreciate your inspiration.

Krochet4kids said...

Yes , it looks like you can have a great quilting room down here, the blue cabinet-shelf unit is awesome!

Katie said...

I see a great quilting room too! I might join you in this challenge as I have a list already made up!

Heather said...

Thank you all for the encouraging comments! It would be a great quilting room, with more light, less junk, and a nice, new longarm machine! lol Oh, it's fun to dream...

Leslie said...

That is quite the challenge room but considering all you got done with the guest room, I know you can do some great progress down there! good luck, I am joining you too!